
Happy Birthday to our dear sweet Chelsea, whom we love and adore more than words can say. I can't believe how fast the last 13 years have gone. I swear she was just a baby the other day.
When I was pregnant with Chelsea, I was just sure that I was having another boy. My Grandmother Davis was in failing health at the time and kept insisting it was a girl. She also insisted that she would not die before I gave birth, she just loved the great-grandkids. One day as I sat with Grandma, I told her that if she was just waiting around for the baby to come then she should go, that way she could spend time with the baby before it came to earth. October 3, 1995 my Grandma died, that very day I was scheduled for an ultrasound. When my sister, Janet, and I went in for the ultra sound I just cried and cried because they confirmed that it was indeed a girl, and I knew my Grandma was with her. I have often felt my Grandma's spirit with Chelsea.
What a fun baby, bright red hair, and super happy. We used to call her our baby orangutan. She looked just like a baby orangutan, she had hair on her ears and back, which has mostly gone by now, hee hee. She has attracted such attention for that hair too. When she was an infant, oh how the people would stop when we would go out in public. We would get the funniest comments like, "Oh I love her hair, is that natural?" I would have loved to ask them what kind of idiot perms or dyes an infants hair? What did they mean by asking such a silly question. Another of my favorites was a woman who stopped us in a department store one day when Chelsea was 2 or 3. She said "Do you know how much I pay to TRY and get my hair that color?" She was quite jealous.
I often tell her how proud I am to be her Mom. I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about her and the choices that she makes. Chelsea is always willing to help around the house, and keeps her brothers in line. Her outlook on life is so positive and she rarely complains. I don't know how I became so lucky to be her Mom. I thank the heavens above that she was sent to me. Heavenly Father knew that I needed her in my life.
I love you Chels!















5 comments:
That was so sweet. I had never heard that story about your grandma. That's really cool! I'll always love her hair!
What a lovely tribute to your daughter..it brought tears to my eyes...as I feel the same for my Megan. I loved to story of your grandma...again, the tears!! Loved all the pictures too...she is so beautiful! Also, I can relate to the red hair...Zack still gets so much attention, along with Matthew and Joe...I always hoped for a red haired girl...
What a beauty she's becoming!
Happy Birthday, Chelsea! Wow! They grow so fast!
She is a beautiful girl! I loved reading what you wrote about her. Angie
Post a Comment