Arden and I were married 16 years ago, October 10th. Today is the 16th anniversary of our reception, so I guess I'm not too late to say Happy Anniversary to my honey bunches of oats.Last week for our anniversary we ended up taking our kids to Lagoon for Frightmares. Maybe not the most romantic night, but we did have a lot of fun. Tomorrow, we've planned a date night for dinner, it is kind of sad how your love life has to take a back seat as your family grows.
I remember our wedding day, it was such a beautiful autumn day. It was so sunny, we could hardly keep our eyes open for pictures. Arden picked me up very early that morning to drive to the Manti Temple, you would think we would have gabbed the whole way from Salt Lake but all I can remember is that I slept the whole way. Arden has found this to be my choice way of traveling ever since, dead asleep.
The temple was so amazing, we were sealed in the Persian room, very beautiful. I cried through most of that. Arden has also found that I cry way too much, you learn a lot about your spouse on your wedding day that you may not have previously known.
After the temple ceremony we had pictures with the fam and moved on to our wedding breakfast at the Country Village Inn, or something like that. It was yummy! We then took off for our honeymoon that lasted one whole night because I had to be back to Salt Lake to start my new job with UPS that following Monday. We stayed at some scary Holiday Inn in Cedar City, not the best of memories. Luckily after our wedding reception the following Friday my sister, Debbie, got us a fabulous room at the Grand America, that was wonderful. LOVED IT!
I miss the days of being a newlywed and starting our life together, the only thing that mattered was spending all of my time with Arden. I don't feel like we get enough alone time together anymore, but I will always have fond memories of the time we did have alone while it lasted. Here's to many more wonderful years. Love you Ardee!


























8 comments:
Happy happy anniversary!! You are such an eloquent writer, Jacque!! I love reading your blog!
Happy Anniversary! Oh, my gosh, I love the poofy veil! I was telling my sister about you and she thought it was so cool that you grew up by Arden, then married him.
(Sleeping in the car and crying too much, are you sure we aren't sisters?)
Yes, we are sisters Julie, we just had to marry brothers to figure that out.
Are these photos better for you?, in regards to the smiling issue on my wedding day?
I loved your post, Jacque! And I really like the last picture of you with Arden! Very cute couple!
I love your wedding photos! Don't you love to look back and reminisce? I think it helps me to remember all of the reasons I chose to get married in the fist place.
Isn't the Manti temple just the best temple! =) Congrats to you guys! Life sure flies by! When I met Mike you guys had only been married for 6 years! Now you've been married for 16 years and Mike and I have known each other for 10 years...4 of which we have been married! Crazy!
Okay, so, Matt and I were married April 9, 1993, just a few months after you and Arden. I also had a puffy veil on my head, a white lattice backdrop for my reception in a church gym, and Matt and I stayed at a scary Holiday Inn in Cedar City on our way to Las Vegas for our honeymoon. Hmmmm, how coincidental! You guys look great!
okay..time to update your blog..I've tagged you, check on my blog...miss you!
Post a Comment