Yesterday Arden turned the big 41, which is much worse than the big 40. Well, I don't know if it is actually worse, but he is definitely one year older.
We spent the weekend in Salt Lake and Park City. My dear sister, Dayna, watched the kids so that we could run around and have fun.
The highlight of the weekend was stopping in the Candy Shoppe in Park City and buying caramel apples. Those apples were heaven on a stick. Nothing says fall like caramel apples.
Saturday night we went to see Ghost Town with my sister and her husband, I laughed until I cried. That show is hilarious, or maybe I was just very tired.
Near midnight we decided to pack it home, as we drove the clock turned midnight the kids and I screamed HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I don't think he was very impressed, but he loves us anyway.
Arden is such a good man, a very hard worker, and a great father and husband.
A few of my favorite memories of Arden:
Arden as a teenager wearing short levi brand cut off shorts with the pockets hanging lower than the fringe. (SUPER HOT!)???
Arden wearing his crazy hawaiian shirt (also as a teenager), riding his unicycle all over the neighborhood. Very talented.
In the summer Arden would come to our home at 6AM on Saturdays, and sit on our porch to wait for my dad. Arden worked with him on the Stake Farm cutting hay.
When I was 13, Arden helped his mom with her calling as the Y.W. basketball coach. I would always make sure I looked good at basketball practice because I had a massive crush on him(along with most every other girl on the team).
At age 14 writing Arden on his mission. I wrote him often and sent packages, I felt so grown up to be writing to a missionary. Completely innocent I assure you. When he would finally write me back I would take the letter to school and show it all the girls in gym class.
When Arden came home I was 16, he called me over to watch church videos at his brothers condo. I thought it was a date. I think he was just trying to be nice because I wrote him so often.
Our real first date July 2, 1991, one month after I graduated from high school, we went to see Robin Hood with Kevin Costner, Arden gave me a t-shirt from Sports Mall Metro where he was working. (He only asked me out because I wouldn't leave the poor guy alone).
Our first dance date at the Institute of Religion. He was mortified that I was picking him up at 8pm, he thought he would be home by that time. He was also mad that the tie I got him was wider than 4 fingers at the end (but it matched my scarey pioneer dress so well).
Watching Arden make our first kitchen table when we were engaged to be married. It was so romantic, no seriously it was.
Our wedding day, October 10, 1992. It was the most beautiful fall day I can ever remember in my life. Oh, we were so in love!
Well I could go on and on, I am truly grateful for my life with Arden. I hope he enjoyed his birthday weekend as much I did. I love you Arden!













8 comments:
memories.... I love all the pictures, but could you have put on a wedding one where you were smiling?? (worried about the weddding night?) Glad you had fun, time away is the best gift in my book!
(Can you e-mail me that picture with Guy in it?)
ya-julie, I was trying to find a picture that showed what a nice day it was. I was sucking on a mint, not frowning, but it is kind of funny. This was one of the candid shots that David was taking that day. I'll try to find a new pic, and yes I will email you the pic with Guy.
Jacque...love all the pictures...especially the one with him on the unicycle...gotta love those short shorts!! Happy birthday Arden...
WOW... What can I say about those comments and pictures??? I am totaly in love with him on the unicycle (laughing)... And, if I remember correctly, he was wearing his super sexy cut offs with the pockets hanging down (smile)... HOW AWESOME are those pics?? He is a cutie... When are you coming back in town?? We need to set up your pedicures!!!!
I don't have your email address... Mine is GoocheeGirl@aol.com Write me baby!!
You and your memories! I don't think I knew even half of that stuff. What a very nice post & a very happy birthday to Ardee Pardee!! Love ya
See, Jacque- I told you that you do a good job with writing! I had to smile at the short shorts picture! It was fun to see those pictures! And...didn't we ALL have those lovely "pioneer" dresses? I think I had several.....
Happy Birthday, Arden! Does it make you feel old having your nephew having kids? Well, you don't look it! Hope you a had a happy birthday!
I am way late, I somehow missed this blog when it was posted. Happy Birthday Arden. The pictures are so much fun!!
Post a Comment