Saturday, July 19, 2008


Tagged by Julie
I think that everyone needs to feel loved,
so I am doing this tag. Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I have together. It doesn't matter of you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember. If we are only blogging friends, write about a post that is most memorable. If you don't have a blog, or don't know how to sign in, please comment as anonymous.
2. Next, repost these instructions on your blog, and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you, either on your blog or in my comment box.
3. If the memory happens to involve my husband, please include him.
4.If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all. :)
OK, let's see what you've got.

9 comments:

Alisa said...

I can only choose one? That's hard to do. I remember when you first found out you were pregnant with Jackson- and I could really identify with you because of our surprise baby. I remember that it didn't seem to make a difference what you were doing, you always did it really well, really cute, really creative, and really fun. I remember laughing at GNO's, riding in your Sienna. And many more- thank you for so many good memories!

Kim said...

Jaque...what comes to mind instantly is all the laughing we always did..man I miss that laughing..it's so good for the soul! I have so many memories! Remember that really fun New Years when we got together at your house with the Anderson's and we played games and talked and laughed..it was so much fun. Remember when I told the story about the turtles at the zoo and you compared it to our lives...."ARE YOU DONE YET???" I don't think I have ever laughed so hard before or since then! Remember Lia and I coming over to visit teach and we'd always stay forever!! You are just one of my favorite people...love you!

Julie said...

Ok, I don't know what to put, there are so many. I remember visiting in your kitchen at Balmoral and having sleepovers there. Probably more laughter than is healthy.
I always felt a little intimidated by your house because it's always decorated so nice.
You, too, are my favorite 'normal' sister-in-law. Family functions just aren't as much fun without you there!

Lia said...

Oh Jacque, like anyone that knows you, I have to say that laughter is way up there in the memory books. Kim's comment about the "ARE YOU DONE YET?" Totally remember almost crashing the car we were laughing so hard. Don't think I'll ever forget that.

I remember going shopping with you and just hanging out, the two of us. Just totally wasting our time away. Like we could do that now!!

Can I include Jackson's name for Kowhai? You know the one!!

I remember always asking you to help me decorate my house. I know, some people are way beyond help.

But most of all I remember that you always made me feel good about myself. You're a very kind, GIVING, intelligent and funny person.

I always enjoyed our chats at dance rehersals. I always knew to look for you, except that one year. I'm glad we're friends.

Jacque said...

You guys are just my bestest of friends. Alisa- you always made me feel better about anything that had me down. You wrote me that special anonymous letter about how Heavenly Father knew I was a good Mom and I could handle Jackson. I still have that letter, it couldn't have come at a better time, I remember sitting by you in R.S. and I bore my testimony to thank the author of the letter, when I sat down you just touched my leg and I looked at you and we both started crying because I knew it was you. You always remember my birthday, it meant so much the one year you came to my house on my birthday in West Jordan, just after I had gotten off the phone with my Mom and she had totally forgotten. I know b-days shouldn't be such a big deal but you always make me feel loved.

Kim- You always made me laugh and smile, always telling funny stories, then I would say things I shouldn't but it just made us all laugh harder. Thanks for always understanding me and never judging.

Julie- I remember that late night or sleepover or whatever in my basement right after we finished it. We made sweet chex mix and watched Pride & Prejudice(I LOVE THAT SHOW, major crush on Mr. Darcy, but who doesn't.) You have always been so creative, I am way jealous of you talents and ideas.

Lia- I remember the night we took out your MPV for gno. We were listening to Shania Twain"I feel like woman" with the windows down and making train motions with our arms. And yes, Jackson's lovely name for Kowhai, he transposed the K and the F sound. Never knew a 3 year old could have a sailor mouth like that. Jackson just loved it when you babysat him. I remember dropping him off after my graveyard shift on 9-11 and you had been watching the news that morning and I had no idea what was going on. That was SCARY.

So many memories I could go on all night.

Janey said...

I hope your endearing comment section is big enough to handle this!

My memories of you...

your sweet little wringlet hair and cute smile when you were a toddler

sharing a room (purple curtains and jungle flower wallpaper) and having full on conversations with you while you talked in your sleep

wearing our silky nightgowns Granny Chloe made us on our heads like long hair

putting Christopher Cross' "Sailing" on the record player and taking turns twirling around and being the lead singer. I still owe you for your turns that I took...

crawling from our bedrooms to sneak peeks at all the Christmas stuff & thinking we got away with it

the time we were in the McBride's backyard and you somehow fell on a cactus & I had to pull needles out of your bare heiney!

You and your leg warmers - your constant companions that one year

all the "drive by's" and boy crazy talk

always having a fun friend to talk to and hang out with

road trips, girls camp, family parties, reunions

your insanely good memory.

Your visionary baby dreams - still waiting for mine - the one about Erjs doesn't count!

letting me be a second mom to your sweet babies.

You're such a good wife and mom & are always so thoughtful and creative.

your friends are right about all the laughter. We always find something to laugh about. "Grand Prix!" wouldn't have been funny with anyone else. :)

I'm lucky to have you for a sister & friend. People who don't take the time to know and love you & let you love them are missing out!!

Love your guts!

Jacque said...

Janey-
I don't know what I would have done without a sister like you. You are the best.

I remember always wanting to be like you, and I still do. You are the funnest most creative person I know.

Here's my memories of you:

Dancing and singing to all kinds of records. Yes you did always hog all of the turns, but let's face it you were definitely better than me.

You always did my hair for church an special events such as stake dances.

Bouncing on tire intertubes in the back yard together and popping the tube. PAIN!

Following you everywhere!

Playing barbies with washclothes and hymn books for beds. You always made the coolest things out of every day stuff.

Our long drives to nowhere. I always fell asleep, you once stopped the car and made me drive home because I had been sleeping, had no clue where we were, and a horrible sense of direction.

Always driving me by boys houses.

Staying up late on Saturdays to watch "The Dark Side".

Getting the "MONSTER FRY" at sconecutter.

Handing down all of your babysitting jobs to me.

In junior high sewing class you made me a shirt with my name stitched on it. I felt so important!

You made fun of me in the temple on my wedding day when changing into my wedding dress because I had forgotten to shave my armpits, and it had been days. eww gross.

Always taking care of my kids, and doing funny stuff with them. They all love you so much, you are definitely like their 2nd Mom.

I love that we can tell each other what we are thinking without the other getting upset; well most of the time.

Nearly peeing our pants on the wicked at Lagoon. You are too much fun to go to Lagoon with!

Talking and laughing until we cry.

Love you more than words can say!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Midnight shopping excursions to Wal-Mart with Stefie and me!! I think you were a little embarassed by us (smile)... Dancing through the aisles of Wal-mart, trying on hats.. I will always have that memory with you (smile)

Jacque said...

Jules- You guys were so good to me. Thanks for letting me tag along to Wal-Mart. You always made me laugh and feel good about life. I remember when you told a story in R.S. about picking up your husbands shoes, and how we should be thankful to pick up after our husbands, because it's better than the possibility of having no shoes to pick up because your husband is gone. That has always stuck with me. I love your cute creative house, and especially love your amazing pedicures. Can't wait to get another.