Our latest venture is the addition of 8 baby chicks, OH SO CU
TE! The kids are super excited, they named each one although I can't figure how they tell them apart. We have had the chicks for one week and they all seem to be growing nicely except for one. When we first got the chicks the kids commented that one, I think her name is Laila, had some poop stuck on her bum, I didn't think much of it and let it go. As Cory and I watched the chicks the other day I noticed how small Laila was and then realized she was the one with the poop problem, her bum was totally covered and matted with poop. Okay- this is NOT fun anymore. About midnight not being able to sleep, I got on the internet and found that if your chick cannot poop it will DIE.
I stayed up an additional hour and a half trying to soak the chicks bum, get the poop off, apply neosporin, and dry the poor thing with the heat lamp. If this chick dies it will be quite devastating. I purchased an antibiotic from the local IFA(those people at IFA cringe when they see me coming), however I am unsure if it is the correct treatment, I might wait for Grandpa Davis to come down this weekend and figure it out. He is a real farmer, and he is real smart.
Summer is finally here. The kids are out of school enjoying all the fun activities. Our neighbors, The Colt's, invited us to the Paiute Reservoir Monday for FHE(or Family away from Home Evening as I call it). It was a lot of fun, I had my first canoeing experience which was hilarious. Chelsea brought her puppy and the Colt's brought their 4 dogs which they train, they all had fun in the water and playing and retrieving decoys. It is fun to live close to so many outdoor recreation areas. For Father's day we drove over the mountain and stopped for a picnic. It was so beautiful, we are looking forward to camping soon. Anything to get the kids away from those pesky video games.







6 comments:
sad little Laila... I hope she poops well & soon ;) Cute post! Did you get your cramera fixed?
Where are you living now? I just assumed you were still out in West Jordan.
Jacque...I just miss you...remember how much we used to laugh and laugh at our girls nights...those were the days!! I love reading about your life and your kids are just beautiful! I'm so glad to be a blogging buddy.
keep us updated on the chick!
I loved the poop story. Nik and I were laughing. You're an awesome story teller. Tell Cory good job on the corn. We need to come and see you guys. Is your house on the way to Lake Powell? We'll be heading down there in July.
It was so fun to see your comment on my blog! I miss the Primary days as well...and you always did a great job on the piano :)! I do know where Richfield is. What took you guys there? Your children have grown up so much and you look great!
How is the little chick doing now?
Post a Comment