I have had some interest as to the well being of our little chicken Laila. To my embarrassment, her name is not Laila it is Leela(not exactly sure how you should spell that). Chelsea corrected me quite sternly. Any who, Leela is doing wonderfully. Beside a few minor poo removal procedures all seems to be well. She is growing nicely and is now about 3/4 the size of the other chicks instead of 1/2 the size. I am such a proud farmer Mom right now I can't even tell you. Leela is the tan and brown chick staring at the camera in between the two black chicks. I can't believe how fast they grow, they are already getting their grown up feathers. We are working on the construction of a large chicken coop, it will be nice to get them into a permanent home.
Zoey, our puppy, is growing larger by the day as well. Chelsea does a great job of cleaning up after her and keeping her fed and watered.
Chelsea says that Zoey's favorite treat is ice cubes in her water bowl. Zoey has now learned to sit, lay, shake, and we are working on rolling over. Unfortunately STAY means absolutely nothing to her, and her favorite game is keep away. She loves to find random objects that belong to us outside, such as work gloves, and run for her life.





2 comments:
Love to hear an update. Your chicken remind me...on Sunday I subbed Joe's class and one of the boys in the class lives on a farm...he said "ow..my head hurts". I asked him why and he told me the chickens were pecking his head! LOL
Aww, cute Zoey (I still want to call her Rosie like Frankie does) and Leela. Do you think the chicken cares if you call it by the wrong name? What's she going to do, not speak to you anymore? :)
Post a Comment