Thursday, January 28, 2010

SIXTEEN!

Cory is finally 16 and having a ball. All Cory wanted for his birthday was Kurt Bestor tickets. Cory & I went to Salt Lake to see the concert and had a lot of fun. The concert was fabulous.
This year with a little prodding Cory agreed to have a birthday party and I actually think he had a good time. He hasn't had a birthday party since he was 10. Turning 16 is a big deal, Cory's made some great friends here and I thought he should have a little fun.





Another milestone, Cory finished his driving hours at school and got his license. Cory was a little hesitant, I had to almost drag him to the DMV. It's been hard driving these past 6 months with a mother who loves to overreact. I'll never forget the gigantic smile on his face as he returned from the road test to let me know he had passed. As I added the sweet child to our car insurance I began to wonder why I took him to get his license in the first place. Not cheap, even with a good student discount.
I'm so proud of Cory, he really is a good kid, I lucked out in the teenager department. Now I've just got to talk him into the dating thing. Those darn girls make him a little nervous for some reason, it's not easy being shy.
Love you Cory!

3 comments:

foxie4 said...

What a cute little family you have. I can't believe they have grown up so fast!! Happy 16th!!

Lia said...

Happy Birthday Cory!!! Congratulations on getting your drivers license!!
Jacque, I'm here if you need moral support when he's out driving!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

I cannot believe how quickly your kids are growing up!!! Doesn't seem like you have been gone that long!!! Love ya!